Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The Rule of Three in Executive Wellness

The reason I chose the name "3Sigma" for my business was because after two years of constant study I realized that almost all of fitness and nutrition is organized around "threes". Wellness, therefore, is the sum of all of these "threes", hence the name 3Sigma. So what are the "threes"? Three is the number of...

  • Wellness Portfolio Components: Health, Fitness, Nutrition
  • Nutrition Components: Macronutrients, Micronutrients, Supplements
  • Macronutrients: Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins
  • Muscle Fiber Types: Type I, Type II, and Type IIa
  • Body Types: Ectomorph, Endomorph, and Mesomorph
  • Energy Systems: ATP/Phosphagen, Glycolytic, and Oxidative
  • Resistance Training Rep Ranges: Power, Strength and Endurance
  • Resistance Training Cycles: Hypertrophy, Strength, Power
  • Training Cycles: Macro, Meso, and Micro.
  • Training Session Segments: Active warm-up, Main Set, Cool Down
  • Programming Concepts: Specificity, Variation/Overload, Progression

OK, so I modified the last one a little bit because it fit my theme, but you get the picture.

I am going to go in depth on all of these concepts in future posts, and - unlike others in social media - I am focusing on what they mean to you, the C-suite Athlete. Think of the details behind all of these items like the analytics you put into practice when managing your P&L or evaluating your portfolio.  Wellness, like the financial markets, is near-perfect in terms of competitive intelligence, you just have to know where to look. Hopefully, I can be as critical a part of your daily reading as the WSJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Fitness Advice for a Post-Covid 2022

 It's been awhile since this blog has been updated, so please excuse me if I'm a bit rusty after having to deal with Covid, post-Cov...